Labels

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

147. Willow Flycatcher

Date         June 8, 2004
Location    Rail yard by Neil & 670, Columbus, OH





On the way into work, when I would go past 33 and take the next exit to Neil Ave., I discovered a little area of land that was undeveloped. It has some trees as well, so one day I decided to try it out. It was a nice little place, yielding this bird and an Indigo Bunting, among others.

I heard him first, then after a bit of looking was able to spot him and watch him sing away.

With this one, I was 3/4 of the way to getting the four main Empids. Little did I know that 15 years later, I would still lack the last one (Alder Flycatcher).

The Willow is probably my favorite, probably because is so much more abundant and accessible. He is a regular on the rail trail in Hilliard and is quite vocal. He's also not 100 feet up in a tree. In fact, he's often at eye level.


Cornell: Willow Flycatcher


No comments:

Post a Comment