Labels

Thursday, January 24, 2019

old 275. Northwestern Crow (deleted)

Date         June 17, 2016
Location    Cedarbrook Lodge, Seattle, WA




Mieka and I decided to take a cruise to Alaska. We spent the night in Seattle the night before in a nice hotel that was surrounded by trees.

Right outside our window, I could hear and see the crows probably because there were some dumpsters nearby. They sounded slightly different than the American species, but I went mostly by range.

Update: this bird has been removed from my life list because it has been lumped in with American Crow. Recent DNA studies have shown that they have hybridized to the point that they are no longer distinct species. I'll leave it here in case it gets split again some time in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment