Labels

Sunday, January 20, 2019

214. Rock Wren

Date         April 8, 2008
Location    Hoover Dam, Mohave county, AZ




I was in Vegas for business, and I decided to check out Hoover Dam while I was out birding. This was before the big bridge was built, so I really never got a good like at the dam itself, but I did stop on the other side to look at the giant intake tanks.

I parked in one of the many little parking lots leading away from the dam. He landed on the ledge overlooking Lake Mead, right out in the open, and started singing. I was looking at him through my binoculars, then someone stepped between me and the wren, pretty close, but he didn't fly away. Then I was able to approach very close.

I had to look carefully to see in what state this was. I was staying in Vegas, but I crossed over the dam to the other side, so I was technically, just barely, in Arizona.


Cornell: Rock Wren


No comments:

Post a Comment