Labels

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

267. Painted Bunting

Date         June 19, 2015
Location    Oak Point Nature Preserve, Plano, TX




It almost seems surreal to have this entry. Yes, I've seen a Painted Bunting. I almost feel guilty about it for those who haven't seen one.

I was in Texas for a family reunion, and this time, I didn't want to trust to luck. So I contacted the local Audubon society and someone volunteered to be my guide.

She took me to this place in Plano where eBird had had some recent sightings. We finally did see one fairly low to the ground in a tree. We saw two more, one a pretty good distance away in the grass. (She complimented my good eye. Aw shucks.)

All were males. I wouldn't have minded seeing a female too, but I'd rather have all males than all females!




No comments:

Post a Comment