Labels

Thursday, January 24, 2019

281. Black-footed Albatross

Date         June 24, 2016
Location    on the ocean near Graham Island, British Columbia, Canada




I didn't do such a good job cropping this enough, but if you zoom in you can see that it matches the picture from Sibley's, especially the one with the red arrow that I drew in.

We were making our way back to Seattle when suddenly there was a whole group of birds at the stern, fading rapidly. Mieka took a bunch of pictures so I could have a something to study later while I looked through my binoculars (to not much effect).

I managed to identify two -- there may have been more. This albatross and the next entry (fulmar) are very common pelagic birds (like finding a sparrow and a House Finch in your backyard), but I don't mind at all. I may never have the chance to get them again.


Cornell: Black-footed Albatross


No comments:

Post a Comment