Labels

Sunday, January 20, 2019

202. Canyon Towhee

Date         May 11, 2007
Location    McDowell Mountain Regional Park, Phoenix, AZ




My last session of the trip was to be at a place I researched out where Vermilion Flycatchers could be found, but unfortunately I didn't have the necessary ticket to get in. I drove around searching for a place that sold them, but it was just too early (and remote), so reluctantly I went back to McDowell. While I'm still somewhat disappointed that I didn't get the chance for the flycatcher, I still had a nice time here and got a couple more birds, including one just as colorful (next entry).

This time I drove further on on the single road and discovered the campground. There was a tap there that wasn't completely shut off, allowing some water to leak. What a perfect lure for desert birds. There was this towhee here along with a Curve-billed Thrasher and a couple of quail trying to get water from the tap.


Cornell: Canyon Towhee


No comments:

Post a Comment