Labels

Thursday, January 24, 2019

282. Northern Fulmar

Date         June 24, 2016
Location    on the ocean near Graham Island, British Columbia, Canada




This was in the group of birds mentioned in the previous post. Like the picture in that one, the bird matches up nicely with the illustration marked by the red arrow.

This was the last bird of the trip. I was very happy with the results. Some of these birds are once-in-a-lifetime shots (although hopefully they don't turn out to be), and it was cool to see some truly arctic birds -- it was thematic with the trip.

My only regret is that I didn't see any alcids. I still don't have any on my life list from that family. (We actually did see a flock of alcids of some kind in Glacier Bay, but I couldn't identify the specific species as they flew past at a decent distance.)


Cornell: Northern Fulmar


No comments:

Post a Comment