Labels

Monday, January 21, 2019

228. Trumpeter Swan

Date         May 11, 2012
Location    Magee Marsh (boardwalk), Carroll, OH




I had read about Magee Marsh for many years, and I finally got the chance to make the pilgrimage there. While I had recorded most of the warblers by now, there were still plenty of holes to fill, and there were some surprises there as well like these nesting swans.

While I was on the boardwalk, I heard them in the near distance. They sounded like people yelling, and for a while I was quite confused until I asked someone about it. I also saw them fly off while I was on the boardwalk.

Later, I saw a pair lounging in the marsh. Both had pinkish-red-stained necks, so at first I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

It was sure nice to get a native swan.


Cornell: Trumpeter Swan


No comments:

Post a Comment