Labels

Monday, January 7, 2019

102. Cape May Warbler

Date          May 9, 2003
Location     Green Lawn Cemetery (the Pit), Columbus, OH





On my birthday, and a day on which I would later go camping (the annual father and son camp out), I decided to take the entire day off from work to go bird watching. There would be another birthday in 2007 which would surpass this one in birding enjoyment, but it was the highlight of my "career" to that point. Taking the day off on my birthday become a tradition of sorts, although I didn't do it every year. Having my birthday fall during the heart of the spring migration was a nice treat.

It turned out to be a very nice day (i.e. no rain, not cold, not solid overcast). I would get 7 new birds on this day.

The first was the Cape May Warbler. I believe that I was standing on the west side of the pond (the side where I always parked) and looking way up high in a tree. He was somewhat backlit in the morning sun.


Cornell: Cape May Warbler


No comments:

Post a Comment