Labels

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

118. Warbling Vireo

Date          June 6, 2003
Location     Whittier Ave., Columbus, OH




On the opposite shore and upstream from the Greenlawn Ave. dam is a small parking lot with some boat ramps. Leading from there is a bike trail that eventually goes all the way downtown. I discovered this area and used it frequently for ducks in the winter and warblers in the spring.

Up the trail about a half a mile was my "secret bird watching spot." It was a small cove just off the bike trail. It would later become part of the Audubon center built years later. But for a few years, it was my best kept secret. I could stop here briefly before work and start the day right.

I heard his song first, then I found him fairly easily along the bike trail. I also heard his call note between song phrases. I've determined in the years since that this is probably the most plentiful bird in this area.


Cornell: Warbling Vireo


No comments:

Post a Comment