Labels

Monday, December 24, 2018

59. Eastern Bluebird

Date          November 14, 2002
Location     O'Shaughnessy Dam, Powell, OH




As I was parking I saw two blue flashes fly by which then perched on a tree near the water. I knew almost immediately what they had to be, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I had to look at them for some time to really believe what I was seeing.

You see, the bluebird had sort of reached a legendary status in my mind because of the time my dad and I were visiting his uncle Gayle and aunt Vivian in Kansas. We were visiting and they happened to see bluebirds out back. They were all very excited because they had lived through the decline of this species and seen its disappearance, and it was so nice to see them again.


Cornell: Eastern Bluebird


No comments:

Post a Comment