Labels

Thursday, December 20, 2018

38. American Redstart

Date          September 11, 2002
Location     Nationwide Plaza 1, Columbus, OH




This was one of the funnest chases I ever had. And that's what I often had to do at Nationwide because I didn't have optics, and the birds seemed to want to stay in a relatively confined area anyway.

This particular individual was a female or juvenile. I saw him/her on three occasions in two days during my breaks from work. It was almost exclusively on the ground, not in the trees. It skittered about the brush, almost constantly fanning its tail. I was able to get pretty close.

I saw a male a week or so later in the same area (the "quiet" area across from the Plaza 3 entrance). He was in a tree.


Cornell: American Redstart


No comments:

Post a Comment