Labels

Monday, December 24, 2018

53. White-crowned Sparrow

Date          October 18, 2002
Location     Stage's Pond, Circleville, OH




This was my first fall bird watching. I knew that fall migration brought a variety of ducks through, so I did a lot of research on what would be a good place to go. I found this place and invited my two sons along, who came with me.

Well, it turned out to be a real disappointment. We arrived at the pond and all we saw were some distant cormorants. There was even one of those helpful wooden plaques with pictures of all the cool ducks that one could see. I never went back there. I would later find places at least as good that wasn't an hour drive away.

That being said, we did have some good experiences (including the sideways flying blue jay (due to a stiff wind)), and I picked up three new birds.

I have no notes on this sighting, and I don't recall it at all. Oh well. In any case, I would enjoy visits of this species to my feeders years later.


Cornell: White-crowned Sparrow



No comments:

Post a Comment