Labels

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

29. Northern Mockingbird

Date          August 17, 2002
Location     Heritage Rail Trail, Hilliard, OH





The Heritage Rail Trail is an asphalt paved trail cutting through western Hilliard. The trail head is in downtown Hilliard. It used to be a railroad; the rail bed and old telegraph poles (some with the old glass insulators still intact) are still in evidence in some areas.

The trail ends in Madison county, but more importantly for my purposes, the trail goes through the metro park where I'd had my initial birding adventures. I figured I would walk there and see what I could see along the way.

The trail cuts through suburban neighborhoods, corn fields, school yards, and past ponds, so I was hoping that the diversity of habitats would be fruitful.

I don't remember if this Mockingbird was singing, but he was very easy to see, perched prominently on a stump near the trail.


Cornell: Northern Mockingbird



No comments:

Post a Comment