Labels

Saturday, November 3, 2018

22. Rock Pigeon

Date          August 1, 2002
Location     Railyard, Hilliard, OH




This was called Rock Dove at the time, and fortunately the powers that be finally changed it to pigeon. (I have a few ideas for Killdeer and Downy/Hairy Woodpecker as well.) I was driving home from work one day and spied a whole flock of large, colorful birds perched on some wires. I went home and got my binoculars to check them out.


I remember how excited I felt at the time. I thought that there were several different types of birds. And they were all just sitting there waiting for me in plain view! Of course, it just turned out to be pigeons with a variety of plumages, as shown in the Sibley book (and probably many others).


Cornell: Rock Pigeon



No comments:

Post a Comment