Labels

Friday, November 9, 2018

27. Canada Goose

Date          August 10, 2002
Location     Avery Rd. by high school, Dublin, OH





I have literally no notes on this, and I have no recollection of this either. I don't even know what high school it was! It was obviously not the first time I'd seen one.

There was a time, many years ago, when I was wowed by the Canada Goose. They were not common where I grew up in Texas, and when I was about 14 I took a road trip west, where I first saw them.

They are common and pest-like in central Ohio (and lots of other places), but their honking always brings back good memories of long birding sessions in the late spring, hunting for warblers. Or quick birding sessions in Blendon Woods in the dead of winter, hunting for migrating ducks.


Cornell: Canada Goose



No comments:

Post a Comment