Labels

Saturday, April 20, 2019

295. Wilson's Plover

Date         April 11, 2019
Location    Sand Dollar Island, Marco Island, FL




Like with our private tour, our boat stopped at a beach for some shelling time. I spent most of it birding. I'm not sure if I have the right location for this, but it's pretty close.

The island we stopped at had a roped off area. There were signs designating it  as a sensitive wildlife area or some such language; Kent told us it was for the Least Terns, which were just now arriving from South America (he had heard reports of them being spotted). More on them in the next entry.

As I trudged toward a green area inland, where I thought I heard a Prairie Warbler of all things, I heard some cheeping behind me, and I saw this bird very near; I almost walked into it.


Cornell: Wilson's Plover


No comments:

Post a Comment