Labels

Friday, April 30, 2021

318. Sora

Date         April 24, 2021

Location    Wilkinson-Renwick Marsh Nature Preserve, De Kalb county, IL




I arrived about an hour after sunrise on a cool Saturday morning and headed up the path. A little before the viewing platform on the left, I heard a brief whinny from further on up the path. It wasn't much, but I had recently studied his song, so I was pretty sure it was a Sora. An interpretive sign listed this species as a breeder there.

About a half hour later I was talking to another birder who was very familiar with the site and I mentioned that I thought I had heard a Sora earlier. We continued to talk, and about 10 minutes later we both heard the same whinny call. He said that that usually got the others started, but it remained silent.





No comments:

Post a Comment