Labels

Monday, May 31, 2021

321. Alder Flycatcher

Date         May 22, 2021

Location    Big Marsh Park, Chicago, IL




I had long since acquired 3 of the 4 eastern empids (Least, Acadian, and Willow), and there were a couple of times when I heard a Willow *yet again* and wishful thinking turned it into an Alder. So I was cautious when I heard this song. I double-checked the song on my phone. Yes, this time it was an Alder.

The song became rather ubiquitous for the next hour or so. There were plenty at this site. I didn't actually see one until the end of the walk, when I had come back to close to the original spot where I first heard the song. Of course, as far as I could tell, it could've been any of the empids, but since this was the only one I heard . . . In any case, the song was the clincher, not the sighting.






No comments:

Post a Comment